Sunday 6 March 2016

Wonderful World Book Day!

Thursday 3rd March is World Book Day! We bought some of our favourite books in to school to read with our friends. After phonics we had a whole-school story swap. We went in to the hall to find out which books the teachers would be reading and we got to choose the book we wanted to listen to. 

"I went with Miss Baldwin to listen to The Book With No Pictures, there were so many children who chose this book that we had to stay in the hall instead of going to the library! I like this book because it is funny and it doesn't have any pictures so you have to use your imagination!" - Layla.


"I went with Miss Dale into Class 3 to read The Highway Rat by Julia Donaldson. I have this book at home and really enjoy reading it. I like it because I find this author's books very interesting. I would recommend Stickman and Monkey Puzzle as well." - Millie.


In the afternoon, Miss Bailey read the story she had chosen for the story swap to us. This was 'Slug Needs a Hug', a really heart-warming story about a slug who wants his mum to give him a hug so he sets out to become more huggable. She then gave us time to read our own stories with our friends. We both bought in our favourite books from home. 


"I bought in The Perfect Hamburger by Alexander McCall Smith. It is about a man who works in a hamburger shop and his name is Mr Borthwick. It is a funny story about a customer, Joe, who helps Mr Borthwick make the perfect hamburger but then forgets the ingredients so they can't sell any! I think lots of children would like this book, especially ones who like hamburgers!" - Layla.




"I bought in The Troll by Julia Donaldson, I told you I liked her stories! This book is about a troll who has to find a bridge to find a goat and eat him. If he hears a noise on the bridge he says 'Who's that trip-tropping over my bridge?' I find this book quite funny because of the illustrations. I read this book with my little brother at home because he likes it too!" - Millie. 

World Book Day is great because we get to share lots of stories with our friends and teachers! 


By Millie and Layla